Marriage licenses in San Juan County are acquired from the San Juan County Auditor’s office.  There is a $60 application fee for the license which includes a copy of the marriage certification.  You do not need to be a resident of San Juan County or Washington State, and a marriage license issued by San Juan County is valid anywhere in Washington State for 60 days after being issued.  The application for a marriage license must be made at least 3 days before the wedding.

Both of the marriage applicants must be 18 years of age or older.  Anyone 17 or younger requires a parent or legal guardian present and those younger than 17 must have permission from the Superior Court Judge.  At least two witnesses are required to be present for the wedding in addition to the minister or official.  For more information on marriage licenses in San Juan County click here.

There’s little difficulty in getting married in San Juan County.  Visit our other pages for listings on the services and catering options available in the beautiful San Juan Islands.

San Juan County Auditor

WA State has a three-day waiting period between issuance of license and marriage ceremony. Licenses issued in other states are not valid in WA. Applications can be submitted online.
Call 360-378-2161

Banquet Permit - Serving Alcohol at your Private Party

Banquet Permit: Allows the service and consumption of liquor at a private, invitation-only banquet or gathering held in a public place or business. Banquet Permits are available online. Examples include weddings, company banquets, retirement parties, or club, organization or church events. Apply online at
Call 360-664-1600